These easy-to-make protein bites make a great snack to avoid blood sugar spikes and keep your energy up throughout the day—especially when that afternoon lull hits! They take the shape of any mold you set them in—this batch was inspired by the changing colors of fall leaves.
Recipe by Jenna Zoe, Plant-Based Paleo.
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 3 TBSP coconut flour
- 3/4 TBSP granulated stevia (or other sweetener, to taste)
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 TBSP tahini
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Makes about 8-12, depending on the size of the mold
- Put the protein powder, coconut flour and stevia in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- If your coconut oil is solid, gently melt it in a saucepan or pot set over a medium heat until liquefied.
- Pour the melted coconut oil, tahini and vanilla into the dry mixture and stir well.
- Scoop the batter into the mold or roll into small balls. Cover and put in the fridge to chill for at least 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Pop truffles out from the mold and enjoy.