My mom used to make spinach balls as an appetizer for special occasions and gatherings, and I loved them! It was always hard to save enough for the company. This is a clean eating version that’s too good to save for parties only. Try it as a savory breakfast or snack on the go! I eat them plain, but a nice sauce to accompany them would be a great addition. If you have any ideas, send ’em my way!
- One 8-10 oz. package of frozen, chopped spinach, cooked slightly and drained
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup flaxmeal
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil or oregano
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter (you could switch this out for coconut oil, if desired)
- Cook spinach lightly so it is just defrosted, drain and squeeze dry
- Mix spinach with dry ingredients, add butter and eggs and mix until well combined.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Place in fridge for 1/2 hour, then bake in oven at 350 F for 20-30 minutes. Turn once during cooking time and cook until lightly browned on both sides.